IMPACT OF THE CIRCULAR
ECONOMY ON THE
MANUFACTURING AND TRANSPORT INDUSTRY
Conference & Workshop 05 June 2019, CRAIOVA, ROMANIA
One Day of Powerful Talks – 05 June 2019 – 09:00 am
The conference focuses on how the circular economy can create value for both businesses and society and will include lecturers from academia and the private industry. The central topics are circular design, business models for a circular economy and collaborative innovation.
The current economic model of “taking, manufacturing, dispose” reaches its physical limits and needs to be replaced. In the circular economy, the goal is to keep as much of the value and usefulness of products, materials and components as possible for as long as possible. Tomorrow’s winners will be companies that can create more value from less resources. This requires an innovative mentality, a long-term perspective, new business models and the desire to collaborate.
The event aims to bring together industry practitioners with a focus on the circular economy to share their ideas and experience, thus developing circular and sustainable businesses. The conference will address, on the one hand, issues related to good industry practice and, on the other hand, the context in which companies can build innovative solutions through collaboration to achieve the UN’s sustainable development goals.
What is Horizon?
Session 1: Circular Design in the manufacturing and transport industry – circular design is a prerequisite for the circular economy. Design influences business models, consumer behaviour and circularity of resources.
Session 2: Circular Business in the manufacturing and transport industry – there is a need for rethinking business models and operations strategies, which can lead to both increased value creation and environmentally sustainable solutions.
Session 3: Collaboration in the manufacturing and transport industry – collaboration is another prerequisite and enabler for the circular economy. Co-innovation and shared value creation are important aspects in this respect.
Session 4: Digitalization in the manufacturing and transport industry – the digital technology development, including Internet of Things and Blockchain technology, may be facilitators for the transition to a circular economy.
Session 5: Potential and Barriers for CE in Romania – Romania industry actors will share their thoughts on the future of Romanian company’s value creation in a circular economy. What are the opportunities? And what are the barriers?
Session 6: Quality of life and the role of administrative institutions – practical approaches to the circular economy in communities.
FRIDAY, JUNE 05th
9:00am // Registration, Coffee & Mingling
9:30am // Welcome
9:50am // Session 1 & 2 & 3
11:00am // Session 4 & 5 & 6
12:00am // Group photo
12:15pm // Lunch break & networking
1:15pm // WORKSHOP
4:15pm // Q&A session, closing the conference
Workshop – Questions for discussion
1. Where do we want Romania to be by 2030 in terms of adopting the circular economy strategy in the manufacturing and transportation industry?
2. What are the steps to be taken in the manufacturing and transportation sector in the context of adopting the circular economy strategy?
RSVP for our next event. See you soon!
Following the circular economy conference on the manufacturing and transport industry held in Craiova on June 5, 2019, we would like to bring your attention to the following items:
- There have been speakers from public institutions, the industry, private enterprises, NGOs, and academia. You can download all the presentations that we received here or you can choose to download each individual presentation below:
- BOTEZATU Monica – Transporturile feroviare în economia circulară
- HARATAU Marius – Industry 4.0 & Transport – provocările transformării digitale
- LUPU Rodica – Ingenius NET
- ORDEANU Laura – Acțiuni privind economia circulară
- SIMOIU Adi-Maria – Economia circulară
- ZLATEAN Radu – Softronic life cycle
- The pictures taken at the event can be found here.
- The agenda [RO] can be consulted here.
- The activity report [RO] can be consulted here.
By means of this message, we would like to reiterate our appreciation for our sponsors, collaborators, partners, and for all the participants to our events. Romania’s Circular Strategy 2020-2030 would not be possible without your support and involvement.